Why haven’t I seen any advertisements for employment opportunities at The Main Course?
There is a restriction under the Prostitution Control Act 1994. Licensed brothels are not allowed to advertise for service providers (prostitutes), receptionist and cleaners or general staff.
If you want further information regarding this, please contact one of our managers at The Main Course on (03) 9329 1000 and they will be more than happy to try answer any questions you may have.
Advertising Regulations (Prostitution Control Act 1994)
The Governor in Council may make regulations for or with respect to-
- (a) the size, form and content of advertisements for prostitution services or any class of prostitution services;
- (b) prohibiting the advertising-
- (i) in a specified publication or specified class of publication; or
- (ii) in a specified manner- of advertisements for prostitution services or any class of prostitution services;
- (c) generally prescribing any other matter or thing required or permitted by section 17 to be prescribed or necessary to be prescribed to give effect to section 17.